Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My Story

My name is Rachel and I am 18 years old, but unlike many of my peers, I am gluten intolerant. Many, including myself, didn't know what gluten was until my best friend alerted me of Celiac disease. She told me briefly about what gluten is and about her aunt who has Celiac disease.

Gluten on a platter

 I had recently been having many problems with my digestion and stomach. I would be sick so much with the "stomach flu" and stomach pain, but I would soon learn that I had a gluten problem. I thought that my problem was nothing, but as it continually got worse, I began to wonder if this was something I would have to live with. I knew that I had problems with milk, but gluten was something entirely different.

I took a trip to our local library and found a book by Elisabeth Hasselback,  The G-Free Diet . I began to read the book, it became more and more clear that I was suffering from a gluten intolerance. The symptoms and family history of problems with certain foods led me to remove gluten from my diet. This was the beginning of the rest of my life!


The book that forever changed my life!

Throughout my many posts, you'll be able to join me in my G-Free journey! Join me on my journey towards better health and better living.

Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment